21 Nov VCK Weekly 11/17/14-11/23/14
Hello Vintage Families,
We will be covering the Christmas message throughout the month of December. To begin, we will take this Sunday to teach the kids that Jesus was promised (through prophecy) and anxiously hoped for by looking at Jeremiah’s prophecy in Jeremiah 23:5-6. Who better to teach the kids this wonderful story than our favorite grey-haired man, Grandpa Woodrow?
The preschool kiddos will be learning that “God Keeps His Promises” through the story of the Angel with Mary and Joseph. The kids will have so much fun getting excited about the birth of our Savior! To help reinforce the Bible Story, the little one’s will get to eat some “angel” food cake and make angel ornaments!
We had a really fun Sunday last week with the 5th-6th Grade Student Leaders eating some cereal and enjoying the cold weather. This Sunday, we will talking with our leaders about being a “Clique Buster” – referencing James 2:1-13. What a great topic for our young leaders to grab a hold of! We are so blessed and encouraged by their enthusiasm for the Lord and their hearts to serve others!
This Week’s Details
Elementary Kids Church
- Bible Story: Jeremiah’s Prophecy
- Bible Point: The Lord is Our Righteousness!
- Scripture: Jeremiah 23:5-6
- Memory Verse: “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but rejoice over you in singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
Ages 4’s-5’s//2’s-3’s//Toddler Nursery
- Bible Story: Angel with Mary and Joseph
- Bible Point: God Keeps His Promises
- Scripture: Luke 1:26-56; Matthew 1:18-25
- Memory Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart.” Proverbs 3:5
5th-6th Grade Student Leadership Class
- Leadership Topic: Be a Clique Buster
- Book Reading: “Be a clique buster, part one” Located in Chapter 2
- Scripture Reading: James 2:1-13
See you Sunday!
Pastor Brett and Brittany